Behind VeloTeoFoto I am Teo, Dr. Fülep Teofil (1973), PhD doctor of environmental sciences, teacher, lecturer, tour-guide, hike leader(-instructor), reader and criticiser; bicyclist, traveller and photographer.
EDUCATION: I graduated in 1992, in the Herman Ottó Secondary School. In 1996 I became a biology–technology teacher in the Eszterházy Károly Teacher Training College, in 2000 I graduated as an ecologist for environmental protection in the University of Debrecen, in 2004 I got the trade of tour-guide in English language. In 2016 I got the PhD doctor scientific level of environmental sciences in the Pannon University, Georgikon Faculty, Keszthely. My 4 graduations are kindly overlap and complete each other.
RESEARCH: I researched waters in the field of environmental sciences. Flatworms, freshwater triclads (Platyhelminthes: Tricladida) which live in mountainous waters were the topic of my PhD research, 12 years work. Fundamental research: I have scouted, expanded and processed the knowledge of Hungary.
LECTOR: I read and criticise environmental works with well-developed sense of error.
TOURISM – PHOTOGRAPHY: The motivation and engine of my education is my being an active hiker and hike-leader since 1990, as a traveller I have visited 23 destination countries. Firstly, I am a fully loaded bicycle tourist (during 24 hours I take 100–300 kilometres with equipment up to 50 kilogram), secondly I am a walker and swimmer hiker. Lowlands and mountains, continental and sea waters, in my home country and in abroad – the main goal of my trips is getting knowledge, fixing in photographs. The large number of own experiences and photos give colours and credit into my teacher work.
HIKE-LEADER – TOUR-GUIDE: I know the secret, how to plan, organise and lead a successful hiking to any group, which gives an exceptional experience. I guided foreigners in my homeland (Hungary), and Hungarians in abroad (Costa Brava, Catalonia, Spain), until 2020.
MY HIKER SPECIALITIES:
– I am hiking in the night also, when other peoples hardly keep in the forests, mountains.
– ~35 kilogram is the complete weight of my loaded mountainbike for a one-day-long hike, while other mountainbikers generally start with minimal weight, empty bicycle.
– I really like camping below 0 degrees, cycling above 40 degrees.
– Swimmer hiking is my unique, own-developed method (2016-2020).
MY TEACHER SPECIALITIES:
– I taught 12 subjects during the years in 4 school levels.
– I taught the Hungarian–English bilingual science and technology subjects for 5 successful years; I taught in open-air schools and study groups.
– University invited lecturer: I teach the subject of nature conservation in English language for foreigner, international students in MSc master education.
– Integrating the education of nature conservation with hike-leading and tour-guiding in field trips is extraordinary successful.
– A significant crowd gathered because of the opened field trips of my subject.
– Hike-leader instructor (since 2014): I teach in the wanderer camp leader courses organised by a university and in the IML International Mountain Leader course: orientation, nature conservation and mountain environment subjects.
– “The profession of hike-leading” (2010, in Hungarian) methodological book is used by some universities also, a subject was based on it as well.
MY WAY OF THINKING: In my opinion mankind goes on a dead end. Wrong way is in system level, lifestyle and organization of our society is flawed in principle and strange. We are unable to live in harmony with Earth and with out own body, queue of global and social health problems proof that. The popular “Western type”, comfort–consumer lifestyle is not sustainable and does not bring happiness, but decrease our life quality. What we name value and life should be revised fundamentally. Theoretically harmony is possible, wise traditions along with high technology altogether could make miracles, but the general social will gives good answers rarely and in delay. Connecting of reason–effect–solution of problems is achievable only with close cooperation of natural sciences and technology. Environmental sciences are focusing on the system, including mankind. I dealt with environmental sciences and environmental questions all in my life. I would like to promote better human life and sustainability with my knowledge.
KEYWORDS: Environmental Sciences, PhD, Environmental Protection, Ecology, Biology, Technology, Tour-Guide in English language; hike-leader-instructor, Teacher, invited instructor and lecturer, reading and criticising; triclads, nature conservation, sustainability, liveable city, sustainable transportation and tourism; traveller, cyclist-walker-swimmer hiker, fully loaded long-distance bicycle tourist, outdoor sports and hiking technology–methodology, hiking equipment test and review; minimalism, wilderness style interior design; photographer, spectacular slide show lecture, motivation lecturer.
PUBLICATIONS: In detail: 2. Publication & Media
triclad-faunistics: 25 (included first author: 23, *English: 2),
biology and nature conservation: 6 (included book: 1, *English: 1)
Tourism and nature conservation: 11 (included book: 2, book chapter: 3);
Nature protection: 19
Full number of publications: 61, Number of all issues: 83
Environmental sciences: lectures: 3;
triclad-faunistics: poster-lectures: 20 (included *English: 2), lectures: 5
Nature conservation–tourism: lectures: 2;
Education–popularization: lectures: 64 (included *English: 1)
Photo publications: most important nature photos: 3; most important building photos: 2; fotoposter: 1
TV television–radio–press interview: 10
CONTACT: email: f.teo73(at)freemail.hu